Followers

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Irrigating and More

I was up at the usual time.  I didn't have time to do any reading.  I went up to the main ditch and put the gate in and got the water coming.  There was a lot of grass growing, but the water made its way through it and was soon running on the back lawn.  I watered the garden first and watered the lawn west of the garage.  
 This scooter thing was in the west garden.  I brought it to house six where I was able to pull all the  weeds in a row of tomatoes while sitting.  I pushed along using my feet.  I did the weeding and checked several times how the irrigation was progressing.
 I turned the water down to Raymond, our neighbor, at two.  I then dug up the weeds on the south side of house six.  Most of it is grass.  Most of the seeds were ripe.  As soon as it gets wet, a new crop will spring up.
Looking south shows the work on the south side.
Looking east is a better view of the cleaner south side.
 There are a lot of grass and tumble weeds in house five.  They were quite easy dig up.  Some were growing on top of the weed barrier.  A little tug on them broke them loose.  They are piled down the center of the greenhouse.
While pulling the weeds, I saw this grasshopper caught in a spider web.  It was trying to get away.  I came back later and it was gone.
There were a lot of humming birds in the greenhouses and also in the yard.  One landed on the zinnias . I turned around to get a picture and it was gone.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment