Followers

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Another Batch of Veggie Juice


Yesterday I picked three buckets full of tomatoes.  This morning after breakfast we started the veggie juice.  Carol cut away cracks and any other defect.  She then cut them into smaller pieces.  I used a submergible blender to make them more juicy.  We cooked them for an hour or so. Carol went to the butician and had her hair done.  While she was there I strained off the seeds and skin in a colander.   When Carol got home she put the juice into quart bottles.  We got nineteen quarts of veggie juice.
 I transplanted eight tomato plants.  I stretched a line from one end of house six to the other end.  The 2x2x8ft board is a mark every eighteen inches.  This marks the center of the hole. I make eight holes and put a tomato plant in each one.  Also, I supported it with a bamboo stake and a tomato clip to hold the plant to the stake.
I watered the melons and watermelons.  The long narrow melon in the picture is supposed to be a Topaz melon.  Don't know what it is but will find out the taste in a month or so.
The cucumber plants are doing well.  The first blossom which is the male flow showed up today,  The female flower should soon appear.  
 I am closely watching the tomato plant and its fruit.  Looks like it will be a good one.
The peaches are getting ripe.  I picked a small bowl full.  There are a few blemishes.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment