Followers

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Lost My Stirrup Hoe

Watered, checked out the garden.  There are quite a few baby snap beans.  Picked two buckets of tomatoes for Anne next door.  The Gladiator tomato is really producing .  I wasted over and our looking for my stirrup hoe.  I still haven't found it.
There are two drip lines that go from left to right.  There were ten cucumber plants that did not get transplanted.  I did that this morning.  Only a trained eye can see the plants.  That is why I marked them.  The top of the plant is under the cross.   The bottom of the plants are barely below the bottom drip line.  When the roots are established a little, I will train them to the trellis.
 I use a tool, a forked stick,  to hang the tomahook and twine.  I have two of the but can't find them.  Above is the tomahook and the tool.  I made a bevel edge on both ends.  I thought it would be perfect.  It just sled through.  I took it back to the garage where my tools are.
 I put a notch in the end, and sanded it with two different sandpaper grits.  It s smooth and won't catch onto the twine.  It works much better than the other two.
Here is where I finished hanging the tomato plants,  The tomatoes are on the right where you see the driplines.  One the far left are the eggplants and cucumber plants.
For lunch I had a hamburger with tomatoes and lettuce.
Our watermelons really have a problem.  The bottom side seems to grow fast than the top side, which makes the melon lopsided.
I filled this 2 1/2 gallon sprayer went after the weeds in three of the greenhouses.  I couldn't find my hoe and thought that this might be a faster way two get the weeds.
 I was walking through the yard and saw this bumble bee.  I took the picture  as it was flying.  The wings are barely visible.
The bee landed on the adjacent zinnia.
Sampson, our cat was resting where I keep my yard tools.  It looks like the tines of the pitch fork has Sampson stuck to the ground.

Frank Williams and his friend, Sheldon, were here early this afternoon.  They each filled up three or four grocery bags with tomatoes.  They were her for less than an hour.  Frank brought a bag of fertilizer.


Comments and questions are welcome.








No comments:

Post a Comment