Followers

Monday, August 20, 2018

Pruning, Transplanting, and Planting.


I will start out with the puzzle.  Carol has a puzzle on the kitchen table most of the time.  She finished the last night and put it away this morning.  Many she can put together in one day.  This 1000 piece puzzle to a couple of days.
 This is where the transplanting started.  There are a couple of rows of red beats to the right that were transplanted last week.  The seven rows on the left were transplanted this morning. 
I had a few beats in the small Styrofoam tray.  They were fairly easy to pull out.  I make holes with dibble.
l made this dibbler last year.  A hard push into the damp soil leave a large hole which is adequate for most transplanting.  A soft push leaves a small hole for tiny plugs.
I had three greenhouse pepper plants that I have struggled to keep alive.  I finally got them planted.   They and the beats are in house two which is kept heated all winter.
While watering, tiger our cat,  had found a mouse and was spending her time playing with it.  There were many places for the mouse to hide.  It went under the poly weed barrier I put down several years ago.  I stepped on it and gave it back Tiger.  I finished watering and she took the mouse out the north door.
 These pole beans are growing in the west garden.  They are growing fast and change every day.
Above the horizontal bar and two the left of the vertical bar is a bean blossom.  I have been waiting for these.
 The biggest job of the day was the pruning and hanging.  The tomato plants have grown so much that their weight has caused them to fall over.  I had to clipped them to the twine.  There were many that I did.
I planted another tray of red beats.  I didn't have time to plant it Saturday.
A new salad tomato,  No name for it yet.  It is easy to pick and seems to be a big producer.

Comments and questions are welcome.











No comments:

Post a Comment