Followers

Monday, January 14, 2019

The Weekend

I was expecting these seeds a couple of days ago.  Today is Saturday and they were in the mail.  I took all of the packets out of the box.
Above is a photo of the packets.  In the top left hand corner are larger packets without any pictures.
A five pound bag of Green Arrow pea seeds.
I turned off the main valve to stop the water from running in houses five and six.  That also stopped the flow of water the chickens.  Sunday morning when I let the chickens out of the hen house I found the water had also froze.  I got a gallon of hot water and run it down the pipe.   After a while this one started to run.
This is a picture of some leek seed  which I planted about two weeks ago.  I was surprised that they are beginning to germinate.  I can plant faster than I can transplant.  Therefore, seeding is the way to propagate leeks.  They have been setting on the heat pad.

I did a lot of planted this afternoon.  House two was pretty warm when I started, but by four it was getting pretty cold.

West of house six, there was a cat that looked like Midnight.  I took a closer look and it was
a skunk. It looked like was eating something that was in the leaves.
Here is another picture.
The next time came.  The skunk was at the left end six inch PVC pipe where the block is. I found two blocks and put one on each end of the pipe.  I was not sure if the skunk was still in the pipe.  I got a small flash light and walked around a tree to the south side of the pipe.  Carefully I  removed the block and looked down the inside of the pipe.  The skunk in the west end.

The question is: What do I do now?

Comments and questions are welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment