Followers

Monday, January 28, 2019

Sunday and Monday

We haven't seen any deer for several days, but Sunday afternoon there were three deer in the yard.  I started taking pictures and walked a little close to them.  The next five photos are of the deer on the lawn just back of our house.





I have been fasting this morning.  I am going to have a diabetes check.  The nurse at the hospital drew five vials of blood.  She did a good job.
The tomato plants that I propagated early last November are doing well and most of them have some fruit.  The one above is a large Yellow Roma. They are about the size of a teaspoon.
This leaf is from a tomato plant.  It was on my knee when I took the picture.  Many of our plants are infested with aphids.  There are  a couple of aphids on it.
I put a lot of these blue sticky traps to catch aphids and any other flying insect.
 These are small broccoli plants.
More plants.
There are ten pots of strawberry plants that I removed all the dead leaves.
Here they are all together. It took me nearly two hours to clean them up.
Pulled a few radishes and picked a one tomato.  They are small and not many left.  Some of the radishes have scars from the snails. but there were no fresh ones.
I watered the north side of house six.  I want the weeds to germinate.  It was much warmer in house two and six this afternoon.  
I made me a salad of lettuce, raisons, radishes, tomatoes,  peas, and sunflowers seeds.  I used salsa instead of dressing.  It tasted good.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment