Followers

Monday, January 7, 2019

Warmer, Planting, Watering, Trapping

We drove to Fillmore this morning and washed our car.  It was really dirty and now looks really good.
Carol has been working on this puzzle for several days and finished today.
The warmer days has melted the ice in house six.  I drug the hose to the west end and turned on the sprinkler and watered the north side of house six.  There are millions of seeds and hopefully they will begin germinating.  I can kill them before we plant some carrots.
While the water was running I transplanted the broccoli into the jumbo six packs.
I removed the sticks that I put down to capture snails and slugs.  There weren't any.  
I planted Swiss Chard, Kale,  lettuce and a few others.  The picture is full of vermiculite.  I put a half teaspoon on each seed.
There were a few different tomato seeds where I use one or two six packs.
I took a picture of three radishes that had be damaged by what I thought were slugs and snails.  I put this photo on the Utah Homesteader's Face Book page.  There were ten comments and most said that they have been eaten by mice.  I put out three traps and baited them with small roast beef strips from Sunday dinner.  
This pole bean plant has been damaged by some caterpillar.  There are five other plants with the same symptoms.  
I took an other picture of the sprinkler.  I shut off the water.  The pathway has a lot of water on it.
Last week I made this stool, but it didn't have a top.  I cut a nineteen inch piece off a 1/2 inch sheet of plywood.  I cut it to size of 18 inch square.  I had a problem of getting it centered on the plywood top.  I decided put down some glue the top to the base.  I put a heavy weight on it to hold the legs to the base.  Tomorrow I can remove the weight and drive some screws through the top into the legs and rails.

Comments and questions are welcome.



.


No comments:

Post a Comment