Followers

Saturday, January 5, 2019

A Little Warmer Today

It is Quenton's, our youngest grandson,  birthday next week.  Last Monday we bought him a present.  We didn't have a box that would fit the present.  We drove to Fillmore for some groceries and find a box.  At the back of the store there was an employee stocking some frozen food.  He emptied the box and with my tape measure the dimensions were nearly perfect.  We grabbed the box and got a few groceries and headed home.
The present was wrapped.  I put it in the box and it was a perfect fit.  I then made an address label.  We went to the post  office and Quenton should have it by Monday.
 After lunch I spent some time in house two.  I picked some Italian parsley, radishes, and one tomato.
I later picked a cucumber and put it all on a dinner plate.
Slugs and snails are eating the radishes.  The vegetable oil that I used a couple of days ago did not work. I put these small boards between the rows.  I am hoping that the slugs and snails will crawl under the boards.  In the morning I will find them on the underside of the boards.
The water in the hoses in house six melted some and I was able to water the lettuce plants.  The red arrow points to water dripping out of the drip line.
A lot of ice at the hose bib.  I let it run so the pipes will not freeze and break.  One hose was buried in the ice.  I used a heavy shovel to break the ice to free the hose.  I later turned it on and water started to run.  I want to sprinkle the ground in house six to start weeds germinating.
I had some time on my hands so instead of watching TV I started making and other short stool.   I made the legs out of some short 2x4's and I made the rails by ripping a 2x4 in half and ended up with two 1x4's.   I have had a hard time attaching the legs to the rail.  I used some clamps to hold the legs to the rails.  That didn't work.  I placed the heavy gear on the rail witch worked pretty good.  I applied some glue on the connecting pieces.   I then drove screws through the leg into the rails.
Here it is.  All it needs now is the top.  A little sanding and staining will finish it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment