Followers

Friday, January 25, 2019

Pedestal, Slugs

We went for a ride late this afternoon.  We drove through Holden and then drove to Fillmore.  We got ice cream cones at the Iceberg.  Carol got chocolate and I had a vanilla cone.  We then drove up and down some streets in Fillmore.  Lot of dirty looking snow.

There were years of time cards, credit card receipts and carbon copies of old checks.  Some were ten years old.  I shredded all of them.  In the photo above is a time card setting on the shredder.
The sticky cards I put out a few days ago are loaded with various insects.  I put out a new one by the bell peppers.  Late this afternoon it was covered with insects.  Most of the are flying aphids.
I checked the all of the beer containers.  The one on the south end of the raised bed which has not attracted and slugs for a while had two large ones.   The fork is for size comparison.
I pulled a nice bunch of radishes.  A couple of them had been nibbled by slugs. I gave the tops to the chickens.
I removed the roots and  washed them.
I cut them into small pieces.
And made a salad with radishes, and egg, raisons, sunflower seeds, and peas from last summer garden.  It took awhile, but I ate it all.
I dug up the soil on the north end of the raised bed; smoothed it off; preparing it for more planting.  I pushed the PVC pipe in the soil and made three rows.
I planted radishes, Detroit Red Beets, and new carrot seeds.  Row one are radishes, rows two are beets and the wide row three are Scarlet Nantes.
I planted a tray of Early Wonder Tall Top beets.  The tray has 105 cells.  These are for beet greens.
 The same tray but a closer look at the label.
I started a pedastol in the garage last week.  I hoped to finish it today, but didn't make it.  The picture above is one of the steps in the progress.  The large clamp is holding the stem/stand to small braces.
Above is the base with the braces.  I glued the brace and stem to the base.  There is a weight on top to hold it tight until the glue set.  After supper I went out to the garage to drive some screws through the bottom of the base up into the braces.  When I picked it up the glue had not cured and the base fell off.  I put it back together and will finish it in the morning.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment