Followers

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Planting & More Beer

This morning I went out to house two to see how it is going.
One of the beer containers had this large slug.  It is about one inch long.  There is not much evidence of the slugs eating the radishes.
I pulled a couple of dozen radishes.  Most of them were free from slug damage.  
It is about time to plant some peas.  I planted one 1206 tray with Green Arrow peas.  There are two peas in each cell.  I watered them well and put them on the heading pads.  
I planted two six packs with burpless cucumbers. 
I covered each cell with some vermiculite and put them in the bucket with water in the bottom.  They soaked up the water and were completely wet.
The sticky traps are filling up with a lot of flying insects.  This one is attached to the bamboo stick.  It is placed in a horizontal position.
I don't know why I didn't think of this idea a coupe of years ago.  The doorway to house three has poultry wire door to keep the cats out.  I put on this hook and eye latch to keep the door closed.  At night I close the storm door during the cold nights.
 We went to Fillmore for some groceries.  I bought a can of beer filled these small portion containers.  I made a small hole and pushed them into the ground so the top of the containers is level with the ground.
I hoed out all of the weeds in house six.  Most were grasses.  The milk weeds , I gave them to the chickens.  They really like them.
I cut two bunches of French parsley.  I made two CSA sacks  with parsley, radishes, and onions.


Comments and questions are welcome.









No comments:

Post a Comment