Followers

Friday, February 1, 2019

Planting Pole Beans and More

Breakfast and watching the news before going out to the greenhouses.
Yesterday, I filled these small portion containers and put them into the ground so the top was even with the soil.  I was anxious to see if the beer attracted any slugs.  It did.  It is easy to see dozens of slugs in the top right part of the cup where there is a little more light.
Over a month ago, I transplanted a tray of  Crisphead lettuce in house six.  There were five plants that were two small.  Now they are much larger with roots growing through the bottom of the six pack.  
I repotted them into four inch square pots.  They are in the center of the above photo and at the top right there is another tray of the Crisphead lettuce.
Planted on the left side of the above tray are thirty-six cells of pole beans.  The right side are planted thirty six cells of  Beef Tomato seeds.  The seeds are over ten years old.
 The geraniums planted early in December are doing well.  I put eight of them in four inch square pots.   There are more that are ready to move up to larger pots.  
There is a Styrofoam box by the garage door.  The cats sometimes sleet there.  Over the years the cats of sharpened the claws on it and it is nearly clawed to pieces.   I started to make a wooden box.  It is made out of plywood and some corner pieces to hold it together.
Here it is finished with some old throw regs to soften the bottom.
Some of the snow and ice on the patio is starting to melt.  I shoveled off most of it.
I covered the cups of beer with a small can when I water. The beer is not diluted when I irrigated.   In that way I won't have to use so much beer.
The photo above is in house six where there are a lot of weedy grass.  I dug them up and gave some to the chickens.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment