Followers

Friday, February 8, 2019

Some of the times I was at my computer and with a catalog in hand I was making a new seed list.  I was going to order today, but time flew by and didn't get it done.  
I filled the shedder bin last night.  I put on my boots and took the shreds out to the garden where I dumped them on top of the other shreds.
I planted seeds cilantro seeds in the tray that contains 105 cells.  The seeds are fairly large and could pick them up with my fingers.
I covered the seeds with vermiculite.  I cut the most of the top of the bag away to make it easier to get the vermiculite. There is not much left.   I filled the small picture with vermiculite and poured it out gently on the seeds.
I planted beet seeds in the top tray and in the bottom tray was the cilantro.   I covered them with the vermiculite.  

I put together a bag of vegetables.  In the zip bag were radishes, salad onions, and Italian parsley. A small CSA.
The potting soil contains wood pieces, peat moss, and perlite.  Filling the 105 tray is a little difficult because that sticks and some of the peat moss won't fit in those small cells.  I made this sieve that would remove the larger pieces.

I always lock the chickens up of the night.  It was dark when I went out tonight.  I took a flashlight which makes it easier to put the door into place and let it slide into place.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment