Followers

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Back Breaking Shovel

We woke up this morning with a pleasant surprise.  There was nearly five inches of snow on our driveway.  It was just barely getting light when I tried to push it off the driveway, but it was heavy and wearing clogs I had no traction.  I quit and we had breakfast.
The above photo shows our neighbor's house and the snow west of our driveway.
I pushed off the snow with my little hand held plow.  I pushed from the middle of the driveway in both directions.  My neighbor has a nice four wheeler.  He bought a new plow for it and tried it out on our driveway.  He also plowed the driveway in front of our house.
 The shredder was full from last night.  I dumped it on the snow on top of the other shreds.
Some of the snow and ice has melted a little.  After lunch, I cleaned off the driveway again.
Our neighbor made one pass with the plow.  When he got to the road, the blade hooked on the asphalt and stopped.  He pushed harder and the four wheeler nearly over turned.  The cable winch which lowered and raised the plow broke.  He went home, fixed it and then came back and finished.
I made a path through the snow to the greenhouses.
I made a path through the snow between house two and house six.
 The pole beans that I planted Monday are germinating.
There are two plantings of Peaches and Cream sweet corn have about died.  It was disappointing that they didn't produce some corn.  They tasseled and produced silk, but there was no pollination.  In the top right of the picture there are the yellow corn stalks.
I bundled up the corn and put it on the compost pile which is covered with snow west of house six.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment