Followers

Monday, February 4, 2019

Planting to Shredding to Mission Letters

I have been shredding old papers.  I dumped the shredder bin on a compost pile.  Walking out there I saw our cat midnight.  He has been sick for a month.  It looked like he was feeling better.  We haven't seen him for a couple of days.  This morning I saw him laying in the garden on top of a strip of weed barrier.
I wanted to put him in bag and dump him in the dumpster.  Carol said no to that.  I dug a hole in the backyard.
The above picture shows the grave with the dirt mounded some.
I let the chickens out.  They stayed close to the chicken run and were in and out most of the day.  They were all inside in mid morning.  I looked them in.
I put this furnace filter in, on October 22 of last year.  I put a new one in this morning.  While I was under the house,  I brought a lot of old papers that were in a box down there.  And shredded all of them.
I planted Burpee Big Boy tomato seeds and some Lemon Boy tomato seeds.  I had two packs of Big Boy with ten seeds in each pack; so twenty seeds planted.  There were thirty one Yellow Lemon seeds.  Between I planted sweet bell pepper seeds.
 I replaced the beer in tow of the little cups.  This one has a bunch of dead liltel slugs.
The base of this pedestal was two wide.  I cut about three quarter of an inch on each side.  It looks much better now.
I dumped the slugs on top of the soil.  You can see most of them at the bottom of the picture.
One of the drip lines broke and was spraying water.  I cut out the part that was broken and put in a coupler.  I came apart again when I turned on the water.  I shut it off again.  This time I got a vice grip and a pair of plyers and tightened it up.  It didn't even drip when I turned it back on.
t
The drip line broke in another place.  I patched it the same way as I did on the previous one.
The water is on and it is not leaking any water.
While under the house I found some letters that were addressed to me while I was on my mission nearly sixty years ago.  This folder with pages of all kind of different flowers and vegetables.  I took them out of the plastic envelops and replaced with the letters.  Then envelope with four cent stamps is put in with the letter.  They are in the loose leaf book in chronological order.  Generally speaking there is one for every week through the last half of 1959.  I came home from my mission early in February of 1960.  There are more letters that will cover eighteen more months.  I will be looking for them.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment