Followers

Monday, February 25, 2019

Broken Pipe

We did then Monday morning chores. They are washing and ironing, just one white shirt and Carol did that.  I vacuumed and swept the floor.  Every time I went out to house two, I killed leaf miner flies with the zinger.  I called it a zapper in earlier posting.  We went to Fillmore where I bought bunch onion seeds and come PVC cement.
We had a cold spell about a month ago.  I have several hose bibs that are on a little to keep the pipes from freezing.  In the evening when  locked up the chickens, I could see that the running water for the chickens was frozen.  I thawed it out with hot water.  This was when the above pipe froze.  You see in the above photo all of the ice.  This pipe froze and instead of breaking the freezing pushed the cap and nipple up a little.  When it thawed the   We
have had a couple of warm day.  I shut off the water and pulled out that short nipple.  I glued it back together.
I ran a sprinkler on the south side of house six.  Last week dug some holes for some posts.  The solid was had and dry.  The sprinklers softened the soil so I was able to dig without much difficulty.
I planted 4-6 White Lisbon bunching onions seeds in each cell.  I should of planted some six weeks ago, but forgot to get some seeds.  I bought seeds in Fillmore this morning.  There are 105 cells in this tray,
I found three pomegranate buds in the bush.  I will keep a close watch for aphids.
I picked a CSA bag for Thayne and Kim Christensen from Kanosh.  I forgot to take the picture when they were all in one tray.


Comments and questions are welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment