Followers

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

The Tomato Count

Carol had an appointment in Provo this morning.  She decided not to go because of the threat of snow.  After watching the news I began work in houses two and six.
I put on my boots and walked out to my stack of 2x6's.  Most are twelve feet long.  When installed they will look like a swing set.  The 2x6 will be held up by two 2x4's.  One on each end.  The horizontal wires will rest on top.
 I transplanted all of the tomato plants two three inch pots except five which were to small.  In the above photo there are three different verities in one 1020 web tray.  There are seven verities that I moved from six pack to the three inch pot to make a total of 78 plants.  I need at least twice that many to fill house six.
    • Goliath - 25 plants
    • Mortgage Lifter -15 plants
    • Cherokee - 12 plants
    • Pineapple - 5 plants
    • Juliet - 9 plants
    • Black Cherry - 5 plants
    • Arkansas Traveler  - 7 plants
The photo above is an example of the transplanting done.  Some were done a couple of days ago.
I planted whole bunch of old seed of Big Beef tomato seeds.
The above picture and the one below show the small insects that are caught on this sticky sheet.  The adult leaf miner is the ones that looks like flies.

The leaf miners are living in the red beets and chard plants.  I put sticky traps in the beets in this raised bed.  Will see what happens in the next two days.
This is showing the burpless cucumber plants that I put in the raised bed last week.
I took this picture today of alternative planting methods.  The one below was how it looked a couple of weeks ago.


Comments and questions are welcome.





No comments:

Post a Comment