Followers

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Class Presentation


I shredded  a few more papers this morning and emptied the bin on the raised bed where I grow sweet potatoes.  The was a couple of inches of snow on the bed.
Jim and Carol Masner brought these two grape fruit shells.  She planted seeds of some herbs and asked me to take care of them.  She said that everything she plants dies.
I put soil in two small pots and put the grape fruit shells in the pots.  The bottom of the large one is beginning to rot.
This looks  pretty strange, but is a fabric screen with tiny holes.  It prevents soil from washing when I irrigate it.  Also, the condensation that drips off the poly doesn't wash away any soil.
My neighbor is preparing the base for the small home that is being built next to the garage.
I cooked the beet greens which I picked from house two.  They tasted very good.
This photo is for the presentation.  It will illustrate nodes, internodes and fruit stems on a tomato plant.

A week from tomorrow we are doing a class on raising bedding plants indoors for outdoor planting later in the year.  I worked most of the day preparing a power point presentation.  I tweak every time I look at it .

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment