Followers

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Snow, Garage, Raised Bed,

Temple day this morning.  We were up early began our drive to Manti.  The full moon visible through soft clouds. There was a skiff of snow as we left town.  With a little snow on the road we could tell that we were the first car on the road. By the time we were at the freeway entrance there was about and inch of white powder.  The snow was falling fast.  We followed a car with red emergency lights flashing.  The road in Scipio was slippery.  We stopped by the gas station to decide our next move.  Thayne, who usually rides with us, stopped at the side of us.  He went on and we turned around drove back to Holden.
After it was light, I went into the garage to put on my work shoes.  The snow and ice that was behind the wheels was melting and left quite a mess.  I backed the car out of the garage cleaned up the mess.  The water runs to both sides instead of to the center.  The lighter part in the garage looks white because the is no melted snow.
The above photo is of the beets, carrots and radishes.  The carrots are from new seed I bought this year.
I transplanted four pole beans two replace those that were eaten by slugs during most of the winter.  I have eliminated most of the slugs.
There is a lot of acorns in the fridge and have been there all winter.  I brought them out and mixed in some potting soil and soaked them.  Hoping that they will begin to germinate after thirty days.
This photo gives the names of four different lettuce varieties that I hope to buy.

One of the bathtub faucets has been leaking for months.  I fixed it today three times.  I made four trips under the house to turn the water off and turn the water own.  I took both faucets of two times checking the gaskets and the valve seats.  The valve seats were good.  I replaced one gasket.  One of them still leaks.  I think it is the cold water.   I watched several You Tube videos and they didn't help either.


Comments and questions are welcome.






No comments:

Post a Comment