Followers

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Finished Project Started Yesterday

It was about 9:30 when I started to begin the work of the large fan curtain.  It did not turn out to be a curtain, but will do the job better.














This morning I walked over to see how progress on this new home was coming along.  There was a large truck there at lunch time , but I could see what he has been doing.
















I made a frame from 1x2 inch furring boards.  Some came off the old curtain and I had one new board that I used.  I build the frame on top of an old card table.  I predrilled all of the holes and then counter sunk them so I could drive the screw deeper into stiles.  I found some old white dirty six mill poly in house five.  I attached to the frame with small straps of wood and with screws.
This photo is from yesterday to see the comparison of today's photo.

The is the finished look.  I put on a pair of pipe clamps at the top twelve inches from each side.  I then drilled two holes in a slight angle down.  I put a cross brace which is black horizontal piece.  I can lift the cover up or down to put or take it off the bolts.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment