Followers

Monday, January 21, 2019

Eight Inches by Noon

Yesterday's forecast was snow all day. It started snowing this morning at seven and eight inches by noon.

19 January Saturday 
I took a few photos which are posted below.
This a small radish with a chuck of radish missing.  The match give a comparison as the size.  I thought that mice were eating them. I caught a mouse and set out some mouse bait.  Nothing has eaten the bait and still something is eating the radishes.  
I had some cucumbers plants growing and the are beginning to die.
I removed the old cucumber plants and replaced them with the seedlings.
I caught this cat napping in house three.  He has white socks and his tail is missing.  I see him almost every day.
Yesterday, I put enough beer in the can to cover the bottom.  When I looked at it this morning there was some beer but no slugs.  I filled it to the top with beer.

Sunday

When I went out to the greenhouse after church. there was on big slug in the can.
I took it out and got a picture.  It was a little over an inch long.
I found another can and move it a couple of rows to the right, buried it in the soil, and filled it with beer.  The beer foamed up, I topped it off with a little more beer.
Above is how it looked after the foam went away.

Monday
I caught another large slug.
This fuzzy picture is of a small portion container full of beer.  I put it out Sunday afternoon and this morning there were two slugs.  I set it by the pole beans which were badly eaten.
It snowed all day so far.  I made a path across the lawn to the hen house through eight inches of snow.
Here I am standing in front of the garage looking across the driveway to the street.  Here there is seven inches of heavy new snow.

Early this afternoon I shovel eight or nine inches of snow oft the front sidewalk and steps.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment