Followers

Friday, January 11, 2019

Pedastol, Planting, & Transplanting

This morning the driveway and ground are wet and frozen which didn't take long to thaw.  I worked in greenhouse two and in the garage.
I transplanted the rest of the leeks and started transplanting celery.  The leeks are in the front and the celery is in the back of the above tray.  I also planted Italian Large Leaf basil and Slow Bolt Cilantro.
I picked radishes and some of them were severly split.  Others were slightly cracked and showed rodent or slug damage.  
I picked two bunches of Italian Parsley and a bunch of radishes.
I dug two leeks and cleaned them up.
In the garage I resumed work on the pedestal.   Yesterday, I made the top of the pedestal.  Today, I worked on the base.  I cut the pieces and glued them together.  I put plastic wrap on the table saw so the glue would not stick to the saw.  I put the clamps and lightly tightened them.  I then plastic wrap over the clamps.  Two short boards were put on the base so as to be between the two clamps.  Heavy weights were put on the two boards to prevent the base from bowing up.

I made two CSA boxes of vegetables.  They contained Italian parsley, a small bag of radishes, two onions.  One had a cucumber.  They weren't in a box, but were in plastic grocery bags.  I gave one to the Masner's and the other one to the Remkes's.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment