Followers

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Stool and Shredder

I was anxious as soon as it was light this morning to go out to house two to see how many mice I had caught.  I didn't catch any.  The four traps I set out last night caught nothing.
The bait was missing on one trap, but I think that ants ate it.  I did some transplanting which kept me busy for about an hour.  The phone rang.  It was Carol.  There was a package at the front door.
The planer was in this box.

It was the paper shredder.  I took it out of the box.  I opened the door and could not remove then bin.  It was stuck.  I called the shredder company, and the lady that answered suggested three things.  The last one was to hand into the bin and push it out.  It worked.
Most of the cucumber plants have and the rest will soon be dead.
I moved the last Cherry Banana tomato plant from the little pot to the larger pot which is the front pot in the above photo.
I cleaned the four spray tanks.  The plan is to use organic insect killers for insects, snails, and slugs.
This afternoon I began work on another stool.  I ripped two twenty-seven inch 2x4's into four 2x2's.
I smoothed the sharp edges of each leg with a router to have a more finished look.  I sanded the legs.  They look pretty good.
I glued the top onto the legs by turning everything upside down.  I marked the location of the rails and applied glue.  A weight on the rails held it together until the glue had cured.

I screwed the top to the rails.  The top was to large.  I ripped of a little from each edge at the table saw.
I took a couple of phots of the stool at the patio.
This photo is a different angle.


Comments and questions are welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Are you going to put finish or something on the table?

    Did my dad convince you to get a paper shredder? i know he's been loving his.

    ReplyDelete