Followers

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Wednesday and Thursday

The photos were taken Wednesday and Thursday (yesterday and today).  For the most part, yesterday's pictures are first and today's picture are second.
The break in the water main was fixed by noon.  The fire hydrant in the above photo was turned on to flush out the lines.  I ran for a couple of minutes.  I thought to late that it would be a quick car wash to drive thorough it for one side of the car and turn around and drive through it again for the other side of the car.

We drove to Fillmore for some groceries.  We were gone about and hour.  My dentures had a small hole in it near the back.  I left it to the dental office it fixed.  I got it back a couple of hours later.
There is a huge Swish chard in house two that may weigh as much as thirty pounds..  I gave it to the chickens.  The started eating the leaves and tried to scratch it, but that didn't help them at all.
This shows the hole where the pipe was broken.  I think that the backhoe operator it the four inch PVC and broke it.  It was partially fixed and leaking some.  During the night, it filled up with water.  The PVC pipe is on the left and the old iron pipe is on the right.
This is still yesterday.  I worked in house six and planted one more row of kale, broccoli, and cabbage.  I laid out the plants as shown in the bottom row, and then I sit on a short stool, made a hole, and then stuck the plant in.
Yesterday morning a hose connected in house three and went all the way to Raymond's house.  They then had water for flushing the toilet.  Later in the morning in the morning after the pipe was fixed, the hose was disconnected.  I needed to water the peas.  I hooked one end of the hose to  the chicken watering tap. and the other end to the rows of peas. I had to move the hose further west.  I did it several times before all the peas had been watered
I planted one row of cabbage and broccoli and some kale.  I pulled out a long strip of drip take to handle the irrigation needs.
Here the drip tape is laid next to the plants.  The water is on and I had to slide the tap next two the plants.
This shows all three rows.
Looking east the photo shows the three rows with the drip tape.
This broccoli show damage from Leaf  Miners.  
Here is a much closer look at the leaf miner damage.  Some of the broccoli has heads starting to form.
I tilled some on the north side of house six to soften the soil.  Because of that it I was able to transplant much faster.  I tilled going east and then turned around going west.  The tiller quite.  I thought that it might be out of gas.  I filled up the tank and it still wouldn't work.  I pushed it out of the way and stretched a piece of twine to make a straight planting row.  The rows are twelve inches apart and the plants are twelve inches apart.
The photo above shows my start on a new row.  The eight foot 2x2 is marked every twelve inches.
There are two rows on the right that I started this afternoon.
This is the same as the previous photo, but this shows the drip tape.   The soil was so soft I could use my hands to dig the hole and quickly back fill.  I turned on the water and it was dripping every twelve inches.
Yesterday, I read about making a slug trap with yeast.  I put two cups of water in the bottle.  I added a package of yeast and one teaspoon of salt and sugar.
I poured the yeast in a small plastic cup.  The yeast if milky looking and I won't be able to see and small slugs.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment