Followers

Friday, March 29, 2019

Cold Snow

This morning there was about two inches of snow on the back lawn.  It started snowing last night at ten, just as the weather forecasters predicted.  It must have got colder, because some of the snow turned to ice.  There was ice hanging on the trees.  Being cold outside I began to make some narrow stakes out of piece of twelve inch piece of  2x10.  I ripped them into narrow strips.
I had two six packs of Black Cherry tomato plants.  Of the twelve cells, one was empty and two contained two plants.  I planted them on the second row.  I stretched a piece of twine from one end to the other end to keep the row straight.  I wrote on the narrow strip of wood the name of the tomato plants.  
I put down the drip tape and they, the plants, were well watered.
I raked the north bed to break up the clods.   there are pole beans planted at the bottom of the photo.  I put in three more bean plants.  One is climbing.  
 Last fall I planted a Gamble oak in the above pot.  The baby breath during the winter had grown so much that I couldn't see it.  I cut it all away and the oak had grown some.
I sprayed wed killer on plants in house six and two.

It was our turn to help cleaned the church.  That is usually done sometime on Saturday.  We are going to be at the temple tomorrow.  We made arrangements to clean the chapel.  Carol is not feeling well and I worked there for two hours this afternoon.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment