Followers

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Tomato Plants and Water

Skipping the morning chores.   We drove to Fillmore late this morning and bought a few groceries and filled car with gas.
I planted about forty-five tomato plants.  With those that I planted a couple of weeks ago, it makes fifty-four on the first row.  I stretched a line between the first post and the last post to have the plants in a straight row.
This shows a small part of the row.  It is in the bottom of the photo..  The photo also shows what I planted last week.
I turned on the pump at the well.  I put on the timer to keep the water running the pipes.  I checked all of the taps and turned them all off.
I washed the empty pots which held the tomato plants.
I sprayed more weeds.  I did a tank around the yard.  And then went up the ditch and sprayed the weeds there.  I put the tank in the back of our truck and drove up to the ditch.  The above picture is of the ditch and a place where the water drains of the road and runs in my ditch.
The above photo is where the water comes under the road into my ditch.   The left side of picture show and PVC pipe.  Gravel has been washed into my ditch.
The water comes from the ditch in a series of pipes and end up in the west garden.  The pipe came apart here.  Last year I pushed the pipes together get the water where I needed it.  I spent an hour removing the old glue.  I sanded it.
I applied a lot of glue the Tee and on the nipple and pushed it together.  I think that is fixed.  I will have to wait until our first water turn to see if it is really fixed.
Rhubarb in the above photo.  I cleaned out the weeds and old plant material.
I planted more beets.  But I had a problem with the seeder.  The beet seeds would not fall through the shoot.  Why?  It was full of cob webs.  I cleaned them out which took quite a long time.
Here is a drip line which will water the earlier beet planting and todays planting.
Last is the Bray home.  They worked on it most of the day.



Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment