Followers

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

The Temple and a Surprise Ending

Up early and home from the temple a little after one.  Put on my overalls and began to plant peas.
I stretched a line from the west end to the east end.  I then dug a row for the peas.
 I used the strip hoe to prepare a soft bed for the seeds.
Here is the soft soil.
 I scraped the soft soil to one side and put in the peas that soaked for twenty-four hours.   I then covered the seeds and tamped the soil tight on the seeds.
I sprayed the weeds around the greenhouses and in the southwest corner of our garden.  I filled the tank twice.
In the southwest corner of our yard.  I had a little extra time so I proceeded to remove the old asparagus plants.  I tried using large shears.  I had to do it kneeling down.  It was hard to get back up.  I got a rake and raked them in a row to the south.
There was a lot of work on the Bray house across the street.  I walked over and got this picture.  Rod Dastrup, a city employee was hooking up the water.
It was after six, and he was having a difficult time. I took this photo.  He is in the shadow so it is not very good.   The gas company and electric company were also there today.  He had shut of the water the went to the Stephenson's next door.  He wasn't going to have it ready.
I happened to be there and Rod asked me if he could take a hose from our water which was in house three. He had two long hoses and I used three of mine to get the water to their house.


Comments and questions are welcomed.



No comments:

Post a Comment