Followers

Monday, March 4, 2019

Re-dripped in House Six

Monday is wash day.  Carol did the laundry, and I helped make the beds.  I worked off and on the balance sheet that I am preparing for the bank.  We drove to Fillmore for some groceries.  When we got back we had lunch.

The box from Drip-Works with the drip irrigation came.  I worked some more on the balance sheet.  Later I made several trips to house six for tools.   The pictures will help me remember most of the things I did.
The brass hose bib and the white water pressure regulator were in the small box.  The hose bib should have had two male ends,  I had to find a short nipple so I could hook up to the hose bib to the pipe stem.  I took me a long time before I found it.  I hooked the regulator to the timer and then the irrigation hose to the regulator.
The pipe at the top goes to the south side of the greenhouse.  The lower hose is the irrigation hose.  The drip line goes to the right.  Right now it waters the beets and lettuce.
I didn't have a way to plug the two ends.  I folded the tubing in half and slipped a piece of PVC pipe over it.  It worked.
I attached another drip line to the tubing which will water.  It goes along the north side of the greenhouse.  I have some peas that I can plant there.
Yesterday I put a beer trap for slugs next to the strawberries.  There were a few small slugs in the beer.  I put another one in the middle of the patch.  The strawberries are doing really well.


Comments and questions are welcome.








No comments:

Post a Comment