Followers

Friday, March 8, 2019

Snow and House Six

It was still dark when I  woke up this morning, which is the way that it is every morning.  I a lamp on a timer.  It turns on each morning at 5:22.  After my morning shower, shaving, and scripture reading I helped Carol with breakfast.  I always watch the news.
There was just a trace of snow this morning, but later there was about two inches.  It snowed off and on all day.
Carol said, "Will do a little job for me."  I said that I would.  I didn't know what she wanted me to do.  The jade plant that I put in a bigger pot last week, was leaning over.  I fixed it and then it was leaning the other direction.  I tried putting a large stake in it.  The soil was to loose.  The pot has for holes in the rim for hangers.   I got some twine  and tied the branch to the front hole and another piece of twine to tie the branch to the left side hole.
Caught a slug which was about 1 1/2 inches long.
A couple of days ago I hauled some of the 2x4's into house six.  This afternoon I began put together, and I don't know what to call them.  They look like a support of a swing set.  The could look like one end of a close line.    The above picture shows the first of five that I put up.  I put it together while it is laying on the ground.  The cross piece is a sixteen foot long 2x6 held up by two treated eight foot 2x4's.

Last week I dug the holes for the 2x4's.  The pieces are pretty heavy.  I tried to lift one of the corners.  That didn't work.  Finally I lifted at the center and propped it up with five foot 2x6.  I got a eight foot 2x2 and lifted it all the way up.  It reached the metal greenhouse bows.
I assembled another one.  I did the same with this one except I pulled it up with a heavy piece of twine.  I tied the end of the twine  to the upright that I put up first.
 I couldn't go all the way because the corner hooked on the electrical line going to the fan.  I went back to the house to get step ladder.  I could then reach the electrical line and move it to the other side of the corner.
The third one was quite easy.
The corner of the fourth one broke.  I replace it with a new plywood strap.  
The snow covered the top of the greenhouse making it a little darker.  The photo is not to bright.
The same as above, but from one side.

Comments and questions are welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment