Followers

Thursday, March 7, 2019

Two by Four and Broccoli

I woke up this morning to no rain.  After breakfast I worked more on the Balance Sheet.  The first page and left column on the second page is finished.  I hope to be finished tomorrow.

I watered house two.  I have been thinking about planting beets in house six.  I watched Never Sink You Tube video this morning.  It was about planting and plant spacing.   I decided to get my seeder out.
It was in house six.  I haven't used this for a long time.  Robert used it in house six two years ago to plant radishes and I don't know what else he planted.  I looked through all the seeding disks. One was for planting seeds that were a little smaller than corn seeds.  I could get the disk that was on it, off.   I was turning it on.  The more I tried the tighter it was on.  I looked at it closely and decided that I was turning it the wrong way.  I could turn it the other way either.  I got some W-D 40 and with a pair of channel lock plyers I got it off.

I cleaned the seed tray and put in a handful of beet seeds.  I turned the wheel and there were no seeds coming out the planting tube.  It was plugged with cob webs.
Finally I got a small wire and tied it to a small piece of cloth,  I threaded the wire the seeding tube and pulled it through.  I checked it again and two seeds fell through.  It looks like it will plant two seeds ever two or three inches.

I wanted to start the truck.  I got two extension cords.  One end is plugged into the house and the other end plugged into the truck heater.

We had to go to the florist shop to get some flowers for Carol Masner's mother, who died a couple of days ago.  We also picked up some groceries.  When we got home I started the truck and drove to Fillmore.
I bought 5 sixteen foot treated 2x4's.  The were cut in half.  I brought them home and carried five of the to house six.  The other five I put on the cart. It was much easier.
The broccoli plants are getting big and it way past time for planting them.  I got the drip tape going a couple of days ago.  I stretched a line two feet from the north wall.  I use an eight foot 2x2 marked every twelve inches.  With a shovel I dug a hole every twelve inche and planted about 70 broccoli plants and six kale plants.
The above photo shows the line of plants.  I didn't get time to clean up the packs and traysl

Comments and questions are welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment