Followers

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Caught up on Some Work.

 Watered some in the Garden.  I put away all of the watering pipes that we used yesterday.  I did this while the water was running on the melon plants.  The water went quite slowly and I had some time to dig out some weeds.

I found about a dozen mor snail and put them in the bottle.
The weeds were extra thick under these cucumber plants.  They are dead now.  There are a few cucumbers that look like they were touched by the chemical.  I put more tomato clips on the cucumbers training them up the twine.
These Goliath tomatoes are looking good.  I also pruned all the leaves below the bottom fruit and a few leaves higher up. Most of the vines are heavy with tomatoes.
I pruned and clipped the tomato plants to the twine trellis.  The clips are circled in black.
One branch is over three feet long.  There were a lot of suckers.  I was in house six most of the day.
I pulled all of the weeds in the cucumbers and eggplants.  The above photo shows dead weeds killed by Round-up.
There is a five inch cucumber in house six.  Won't take long for it to be ready for harvest.
The earwigs and pill bugs are causing a lot of damage in the flowers and in the greenhouses.  I made a mix of one cup of water, fourth cup or cider vinegar, and one teaspoon of dawn soap.  Anxious to see it in the morning.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment