Followers

Monday, July 15, 2019

Another Busy Hot Day

The weather is hot.  I am trying to get the greenhouse work done before the greenhouses are hot.
The carrots are doing pretty good.  I ran a sprinkler on them for about forty minutes.
The sweet potatoes are not doing as well.  This bed should be completely covered by now.  I think that they are not getting enough water.  I ran the sprinkler here for over forty minutes.  They got a good soaking.
I worked in house six much of the morning.   I used more tomato clips.  Many of the tendrils are hooking on the wrong trellis. I cut them free.  There are a lot of tiny cucumbers.
The peas are through baring now.  I started to cut them down with a shovel.  That didn't work.  I then got down on my hands and knees and started pulling them out of the ground.  I was wearing gloves.  They protected my hands.  It took me about fifteen minuets to pull them.  I then went in for lunch.
Alisha came over to do some transplanting.  After we finished that.  I put the tomato plant that I was growing for her in the truck.  She wanted me to spray some weeds.  There were several large planters that were full of weeds.  I sprayed them and some other weeds.  When I came home I parked the truck west of the driveway.  I don't like to park close to the road.
I laid the pea vines down to the north.  It will take a while for it to dry.
The peas on the east end did not have a trellis.  When I moved them I found nine snails.  One of them had deposited some egg.  I could see the white eggs about the size of a match head in a hole about half inch deep.  I dug them out and took the above photo.  
Yesterday I saw some pictures of a rack to hold garden tools, ie. rakes, shoves. hose, etc.  I used a new 2x4 plus a fourteen pieces that were about nine inches long.  One was vertical and the other one was horizontal.  
The above photo shows how one side is put together.
This one looks a little better.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment