Followers

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

How Much Can I Do

Tuesday, July 2 yesterday

Tuesday is our temple day.  We had a good day and had lunch after our shift.  The last three or four weeks we had come directly home.
Towards evening I began digging weeds.  I started on the west end where it was shady.  As the sun went lower in the west, there was more shade.   I weeded until I ran out of shade. I went into the garage and worked on the stool that I started a couple of weeks ago.  I went back into the house when it was time for the news.  The above photo shows the area that is pretty much weed free.  

I also durg  some black poly tubing or pipes that have been in the part of the yard for three or four years.  It is laying on then lawn near the truck.

Wednesday, July 3 today
After the news this morning I went to work in the yard.

The hybiscus is getting rather large.  I made six wooden stakes and drove them into the gound sortof a six piece pie shape.  I tied one end of a piece of twine to a stake and wrapped it around each stake and tied it to the first stake.  I stake is visible in the photo.

There are a lot of alliums growing in the yard.  I cut down a lot of them in the dry garden north of the house next to the road.

We have a fuchsia that is pretty sick looking.  I is in a waxed newspaper pot.   I transplanted it into another pot.  I added some fertilizer to it.  The fuchsia is on the left and the larger pot on the right. 

The Lemons, our neighbors, hung a huge flag of the United States of America on the south side of their big barn.  The fourth of July tomorrow.  It is lit up at night.

I sprayed a large tank of round up on the weeds at the west end of the orchard and more weeds in the south west corner of our yard.

I dug the garlic and left it lying in the garden.
Carol suggested that I put it in the shade.  I watched several You Tube videos on harvesting and storing garlic.  Keeping it in the shade and dry were the most common suggestions. 

We drove to Fillmore for a few groceries.  I was to get some bug bait, but we hurried home.

A pleasant surprise today.  Almost every cucumber plant had a female flower.

The space between the peppers and egg plants are full of weeds.
It took me about forty five minutes in a hot greenhouse to dig them up.  I raked the in small piles.

I dug up all of the wild lettuce weeds in our strawberry patch. I worked there on my hands an knees for an hour and half.  I dug them with a large knife.
 I finished the stool that I have been working on for a month.  It is light weight and pretty strong.
 Another picture from a different angle.


Comments and questions welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment