Followers

Friday, July 12, 2019

Unexpected Trip

Before breakfast I checked on the earwig traps west of the driveway.  The first one had about eight earwigs.  The other one had none.  A little disapointed.   As soon as breakfast was over, I checked out the garden and picked a handful of pole beans.  I have a pretty large bag of them in the fridge.  Next I put examine gloves on my hands and rubbed round-up on some grass growing in the kidney.

I Carol was putting a puzzle together with her focus on the puzzle.  I met Robert at the back door.  We walked in and Carol didn't look up.  She looked up and was surprised even as I was that Robert came.  He invited me to go with him on a plant collection drive on the mountains east of Fillmore.  I watered the plants in house two and were on our way.
 I didn't take any pictures on the way up to the tops of the mountains.  We saw snow and I took a few pictures of the snow.
We stopped at one place where there were lots of rocks at the edge of the road.  Robert noticed an unusual plant.  He wanted to dig it up and put it in his collection.  He had a hard time climbing it.  The rocks slide down some,  He said that it was two steps up and one step down.
There was a huge limber pine tree that had died and the top broke off.
Robert took a lot of photos of the plants collected.  Some before and some after collections.
At the back of his work car, he presses the plants.  He collected over thirty different plants.  Some that haven't been collected in that location.
The sere several snow drifts that hadn't melted.







I put together a mix of vegetable oil and    The photo is west of the driveway.
This fuzzy picture is in house six.  The are thousands of earwigs there if not tens of thousands.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment