Followers

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Two CSA Buckets

First thing after breakfast was to make cucumber relish.

It took about forty-five minutes to shred the cucumbers.    By ten they were in the bottle.   Twenty bottles of good relish.

I worked until lunch pruning and hanging tomato plants.  I worked some more after lunch.  Then I picked tomatoes, eggplants. cucumber, salad onions, and leeks for two CSA buckets one was for Kim Chistrinsen and the other for Becky Gross.  I didn't take any pictures of this whole thing.  I did most of the cleaning on the patio and cleaned the tomatoes in the kitchen.

A little after four we drove to Fillmore and made one drop at Dr. Gross's office for Becky and met Thayne at the southwest corner of Maverick.   Carol bought a few groceries while I took the car to Auto Quest to check the air pressure in our car tires.
There is an modified pallet that was in the way. I took off the 2x4's on each side.  That made it much easier to bring out the irrigation pipes.
I drove to the head of our ditch.  There are some small grass weeds growing in the bottom of the ditch.
There were some weeds in the bed by house five.  i got the shove and dug them up.
Some corn seed came today.  I decided to plant them before we get the water tomorrow.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment