Followers

Saturday, July 20, 2019

Temple: a Couple More Hours

I started working on the temple again this morning. I usually watch the wood working show on Saturday morning.  Not this morning.  I needed to finish my temple project.
Last night I drove to Fillmore and bought a can of white paint and a quart of dark stain.  I sanded the board which will hold the temple image.  I used one can and sprayed it white.  The above photo shows sunlight filtering through the sun.
I then stained each piece.  It is on a white banquet table covered with newspaper.
The white board is on a couple of cement blocks.  A nice job I thought.  I showed Carol and she didn't like it at all.

Our good friend, Sheryl Gager passed away earlier this week.  We went to the viewing.  I then drove to Fillmore for a can of white paint and a can of blue paint.  That was what Carol wanted.
I painted over the white board blue.
Then I painted the stained parts white.  This took quite awhile. There are seven windows on two different levels.  Two boards are glued together.  I did that just before lunch.

We then drove to Delta for the wedding of Andy Johnson, Ray and Mary Ann's son.  He is a nephew of mine.   His younger brother performed the wedding ceremony.  I want to get a copy of it and post it with the or with another blog.

There were a lot of people there.  His bride grew up in Sutherland.  Three of my sisters, Annalee Church, Karla Cory, and Betsy ______, and their husbands were there.  We were way early.
Here it looks pretty nice but is missing the cupolas.
It took me about and hour to build them.  I painted them white and put them in place.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment