Followers

Monday, July 8, 2019

A Lot of Work Today, Not Many Pictures

Had lot to do today and was busy all day.  After breakfast and a little news I started to work.  I watered the pots and baskets.   The trailer was loaded with tree branches and there was a pile of branches just north of the lawn.  Carol asked me if were going to take them to the dump today.  I told her no.  There are a lot of other things that need to be done first.
First I clipped some of the cucumber plants to the twine trellis.  Some are connecting to the twine with their tendrils.  Others need a little help.  Second I clipped most of the eggplants to the twine with a tomato clip.  I did a lot of branch pruning.  Some of the branches are in the aisle.
The other hibiscus plant has a few stems that have fallen over.   Carol asked me to get one of the cages to put around it.  The cage diameter was way short.  I cut six stakes and made a sharp stakes to hold them.  I drove them into the ground  I tied the twine to one of the stakes wound them around each stake.  I then wrapped the twine near the top of each stake.  It is holding pretty good.
I hooked the trailer to the truck.  I went pretty fast.  Sometimes I back to the trailer, and mist the hook.  I would drive up and backup to the trailer again.  I would have to do it many times before I got it right.  I loaded the rest of the trimmed branches on to the trailer.  I tied them down with some heavy twine.  Carol went with me to the dump.

The yellow jackets have a home in the truck.  They were waiting for me when I brought the truck back.  I backed the trailer into the west yard, blocked the wheels, and unhooked the trailer.  I left the truck there and the wasps are flying around where I usually park the truck.
Carol had a little another little project for me.  She had a sprinkler running  on the south end of the hill east of the house.  She wanted me to pick up the snails.  I got an empty mayonnaise bottle and found thirty-three snails.  Fifteen were in the same square foot.
I filled the sprayer with weed killer and began spraying the weeds.  There were some big weeds in the center of house five.  I put the sprayer down and dug up the bigger weeds.  I sprayed the rest of them.
I went back to house six and raked up the eggplant branches, and I did a little weeding.
The amaryllis in house two are not doing well.  It is to hot there.  Cleaned the bench next to house two.  
I put all of the amaryllises and a few other things on the bench.  We will be at the Manti Utah temple in the morning so I watered everything that I usually water in the mornings.

I wanted to prune the tomatoes and plant the melons today.  I didn't get to do either one of these.


Comments and questions are welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment