Followers

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Irrigation Yesterday & Today

9 July Tuesday 

Up early this morning and off to the Manti Utah Temple.  A good day at the temple and after lunch we came home.
Water Turn in the morning.  I laid out the first pipe that is in the backyard against the trees on the south side.  I put a cap on the pipe that goes into Raymond's yard.  When the water is turned down in the morning, it will come right into the back lawn.
I have some melon plants that needed to be put out in the garden.  I tilled down the bottom of last year's row and then cleaned it out with a hoe.  Ready for tomorrow.
I got the gate that turns the water in our direction and made some adjustments to in an attempt to get all the water.  I pulled out all of the old staples and trimmed off a little more than an inch from the bottom.  
On the back cut to short pieces from a garden hose that I don't use any more.  I drilled holes the hose with a forstner bit.  Then I drove screws through the holes into the gate,  to hold the hose in place.
Carol waters part of the hill on the east side of the house.  We collected over thirty snails.
Doctor Gross expressed a desire to get a CSA bucket of vegetables.  Fawn Hunter, his nurse will deliver it at work.   She goes to work at 7:45 in the morning.  It was late and I had to get it ready tonight.  I finished and it was after dark.  The above photo shows some of the contents of the bucket.  This is a face report.  The  egg plants (black, purple, and white), parsley, onions. cucumbers, leeks,  red beets, tomatoes, (yellow lemon, gladiator, and big beef), cherry tomatoes (cherry banana, Juliet, black cherry, and purple cherry).
I found this yellow jacket nest in the truck.  I grabbed it with a plastic shopping bag.

10 July 2019 Wednesday

I thought I would get the water pretty early.  I drove to the head of the ditch, but the water wasn't there.  I drove home and then went back.  No water.  I then drove to the water master's home.  His truck was gone. I then went home.  I again went to the head of the ditch.  There water was there.  I put the gate in and kept the ditch clean.

We planted more sweet corn.  The seed, peaches and cream, is almost gone.  I need new seed for next year.
I put out the melon plants, but there was not enough room in the row for all of the plants.  The was easy to start and I made another row.    I laid out all of the plants.  Then with the shovel I made holes in both rows.  One for each plant.
I started water running down the rows.
The two rows are watered,
The back lawn is pretty well watered.  I then laid the pipe out for the east lawn.  It is also well watered.
This is how I joined pipes of two different sizes together.  Parts of a towel is wrapped around the smaller pipe and tied on with twine.

We drove to Fillmore for groceries and gas.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment