Followers

Friday, July 5, 2019

Tomatoes Good and Bad

I talked to Kasey Penney a couple of days ago.  My chainsaw was not ready. I also asked him to look at the trees that needs to be cut down. He said that he would bring the chain saw and look at the trees.  While he was here.  It was about nine this morning when he arrived.  He came with the tractor and chipper and a huge Cherry picker bucket.  It looked like he was going to cut down the trees this morning.   The crew consisted of two men and his twelve year old son.  He would charge $200 and hour.
The chain saw started right up.  I cut a large branch out of the Flamingo Maple.  The branch had showed up as a Box Elder tree.  I cut it into pieces and loaded it on the trailer.  I should have pulled it over the shredder.

Carol watered the hill east of the house.  She asked me to gather up the snails.  I found one on the front of the hill and a dozen or so on the east side of the hill.
gathered Snails

House six was still cool.  There were a lot of tomatoes that touched the soil and many were rotten and some had a spoil spot.  I picked them up and fed them to the chickens.  I then went back to pick all the ripe or nearly ripe tomatoes.  While doing this I found a bunch more that were rotten.  Ended up with a bucket that was nearly full.

After lunch I began to prep the lawn for mowing.  I pruned some trees to make it easier to mow.  I made a pile of the branches on the edge of the driveway.  I will take them over to the shredder.  There were some irrigation tubing on the lawn.  I put all of it in the back of the truck.  I then moved the hoses out of the way.

I am getting pretty fast at mowing now.  And have less trimming to do.  I worked fast to get Kim's vegetable bucket ready.  We then drove to Fillmore to make deposits and deliver the Vegetable bucket.  Kim was at the State Bank.

prepared bucket for Adam Remkes and family.  It took me about and hour.  I then delivered it.  The live in Holden..

Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment