Followers

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Good Company & Parade's Over

We started early this with the finishing touch of our truck/float.  First things first.  I blew of all the dirt and leaves in the back and also in the cab.   I washed the truck.  I wore a pair of cotton gloves.  I sprayed different parts of the truck and then rubbed it down with the wet gloves on my hands.   I washed both sides and then the hood, and then I climbed on top with the help of a ladder and washed the top.  It was filthy dirty.  We have had this truck for over twelve years and this is the first time that I have washed it.
Here is the front view of the truck.  I could not get the sign straight.  The sign was stapled and clear packing tape to hold it.  One side was higher.  I had to remove part of the sign and lift it up.  
Here is how the back looks when finished.  The balloons were in the car all night.  We did the top balloons first.  Carol would bring them to me and I tied them to the top board.  Three white ones in the middle and two blue ones on each side.  The two signs were one each end.  I stapled them.


This is how we were riding.   Jim Masner drove and it was a little shaky at times.  We threw out salt water taffy.  We had a lot of it and it was gone before we had finished the parade route.  Different families made their own floats.









 Emi and Skyler are tying little pieces of grass on Eric's shoe laces.  The must have been pretty board.











It took me about an hour to take all of the truck decorations down.  The balloons are in the kitchen, and the signs are all shredded.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment