Followers

Friday, February 7, 2020

2x4's and Other Boards

2 February: Thursday
I worked most of the day on the box for storing small boards.  I built it twice.  I have a lot of pieces and ends of boards that I piled the under the extension of my radial arm saw.  I have had it for many years.  I moved the boards and they are on the floor and piled on benches where I don't have any place to work.  If I need some bench space, I have to move some boards to other places.
A couple of days ago I made storage for some of our canned food.  The above photo is of a divice I put on a shelf.  I can put items under it and then put things on top of it.
 I watered some of the plants that I have in house six.  The main one. the pomegranate, I hadn't watered for several days.  There are some tomato plants that are doing well.
Several have fruit on them.  The cherry tomatoes come on first.
I had to cut many of the pieces with my battery powered circular saw.  I put a heavy weight on my ruler.  It helped in drawing a straight line.
I thought that I was finished with the wood box, but I had made it completely wrong.  I removed the one side as shown in the above photo.  The plywood ends should be removed.  I ended up nearly taking it all apart.
If the ends are remove and the sides in place, I can put in the boards form either side.  Some photos at the end better illustrated how it is done.
 Here is one end with a bottom shelf and a top shelf.  The top shelf is at an angle.  I had to take off and fix it.

After lunch it went to Fillmore to get some screws and four castors.  I got two small ones and two large ones.  When I got home I put the two small ones on either side of the bottom.  That really help to move it around.  The large castors were way to big.  I went back to Ropers' and exchanged them for the smaller ones.  I worked another couple of hours taking apart and more rebuilding
The above photo shows how I attached the casters in a diamond pattern.  The two on the side are mounted on a piece of plywood.  The two on the ends are mounted directly to the wood box.  It is a whole lot easier to move.  
A closer looked at one of the ends of the wood box.  The box would not fit under part of the table saw.  I could cut some of the top or raise the radial arm saw.  I raised the saw 1 3/4 inches.  I put a short 2x4 under each leg of the saw.  That helped.  I have a work bench to the left of the saw.  I moved it about four inches to the left.  I can now push the wood box in and easily move it in and out.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment