Followers

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

New Shelf & Rebuilt Can Rack

The can rack is way to heavy.  It pulled the door a little and I couldn't close the tight.  The upper corner of the hit the door jam.
This is a picture from yesterday.  All of the cans cause the door to be out of plumb.
There was little over an inch of snow on the driveway this morning.  I took me about a half hour to push it to the sides.  
We then went to Fillmore where Carol bought groceries.  I went to State Bank of Southern Utah.  Carol Social Security went to her Wells Fargo account and I didn't know where mine went.  I found that mine went into Caro's account.  We will go backs next week.  We will call the Social Security people to get it straightened out.  I also deposited the greenhouse rent check.
I removed all the cans and took the rack to the garage.  I cut it in half.  This is the bottom half.  That was quite a challenge.  I put it on a table saw sled.  It was so heavy, that I couldn't even push it.  I put it upside down  on the workbench.  I measured from the bottom 53 1/4 inches.  And used my battery powered circular saw.  I like that little saw.  If I keep it saw straight, it cuts very easily.  I then turned it over so the face was up.  I drew a line across the compartments.  I followed the line, but the blade was not big to cut all the way through.  I used a handsaw to cut all the way through.
I got it fixed.   It contains the canned good.  It is still heavy and by keeping the door closed it will be supported some.  
The top shelf on the left in this photo wasn't there this morning.  I removed most of the storage items on the top shelf to make room for the new shelf.  That took most of the afternoon. All of the materials are things that I already had. Some of the things on the floor are not on one of the shelves.   Most of the food storage items are on the top shelf .  Some of those items are twenty years old.

Richard Darnel, our neighbor,  Made a path for a car, through the snow in front of our house.  He also shoveled the snow on the front sidewalk.
1\
Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment