Followers

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Miter Saw Cart

I wasn't much motivated to do anything to day.  I surfed Face Book.  On face book I saw some dimension for a miter box stand.  I drew up a crude simple plans and went to the garage to start building.  
I did a screen shot of the plans that were posted on Face Book.
The two of the legs have casters.  I have several casters that have a threaded bolt or stem that I screw into a drilled hole.   The don't hold well attached to end grain.  I cut this short piece of 2x4 and made the hole in the cross grain.  There are four holes for the screws.  Two on each edge.  I tried all of my larger bit sizes until I found one that was the perfect size.  I held the wood in the wood vice.  It was easy to start and to tighten.
 I screwed it to the two back legs.
My Ryobi battery operated circular is working beyond my espectation.  I had put in a fresh battery.  It doesn't slow down.
I finished the two side legs.  I cut two rails; the top one for the miter saw, and the bottom one for the corded circular saw.

I could have put most of the cart together, but Carol called and wanted me to help go through all of our photo books.  We spent the rest of the afternoon removing any photo of Eric, who passed away yesterday.  There were dozens of books which started when Carol and I were married.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment