Followers

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Soup Can Storage

We have cans of tomato soup, chicken soup, and cream of chicken soup in the pantry.  As it sets on a shelf it is hard to know which is the new soup cans and which is the old soup.  I built a can rack several years ago.  This morning I decided today to make two more.
Above is a picture of the three can racks.  The one on the left is one I made several years ago.  The two on the right are the ones I made today.  I removed all the storage items on the shelf in the pantry,  Carol wondered why all those things were on the washer, dryer, and on the kitchen table.

I found all the material needed.  Pine wood, Masonite, and 1/2 inch plywood.  I measured the old one and then set the saw fence to begin cutting the pieces.   I cut a few boards for the bottom, and then decided that I could cut the bottom, top, end, and the two ramps, the top ramp and the bottom ramp,

That presented a new problem.  After I had cut the pieces, how would I be able to keep track of which was which.  I wrote on each piece, ie, top #1 and top #2. and so on.  I cut the sides out of Masonite that I found in the garage.

The pin gun really was a big help.  I glued the back edge to the bottom.  I made a couple of wedges to guide the cans in the right direction as they rolled down the top ramp to the bottom ramp.  I cut the Masonite sides and pinned them two the bottom and back.  I copied the angle of the ramps and pinned the ramps through the sides.

We went to Fillmore to make a couple of deposits and Carol got her eye drops at the drug store.

I finished the can storage.
Here is the finished the can rack.


Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment