Followers

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Another Stool

I was a good day at the temple.  A group of us enjoyed lunch in the cafeteria.   We came home and stopped the Top Spot in Salina for ice cream.

After a little relaxing I started another stool in the garage.  The one I built yesterday was not very square.  I was going to make some stacking stool.  I checked on You Tube for some videos showing how it was done.  They were all to complicated.

 I started a little bit differently today.  Again I got to evolved with the building, I forgot to get some step by step pictures.
I started by making a square piece of plywood.  The first plywood square was pretty old and ugly.  I discarded it and made a new one out of a better looking piece of plywood.  It is about eleven inch square.  The legs are fourteen inches long.  I trimmed the rough sides of the 2x2.  I cut out the knots of the 2x2.
I thought for some time about connecting the legs to the plywood top.  I didn't want to use screws or pegs.  I turned on the compress.   I put glue on the top ends of the legs and used some pin nails.  I put a weight on top to hold it a little more secure.  
Here is the finished piece.  I glue each rail to the top and the legs.  I clamped the rail to the tom and pinned it with the pin gun.  I toe nailed the edge of the rail to each leg.   The glue has set and it is pretty sturdy.  It is a little short for an adult to sit on, but just right for a small child.  It is a good place for a plant.
All finished except for sanding and staining.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment