Followers

Thursday, February 13, 2020

Miter Saw Stand

A couple of days ago, I found some family history written by my dad's brothers and sisters;  I looked all morning for the files on my lap top.  I have looked before and scrolled through all the files.  I did it again this morning.  I looked one more time this morning and slowly scrolled.  I found it.  The name of the file was "scanned."  I printed the one written by my aunt Mary Johnson.  It was eight pages long.

I then started on the miter saw stand,  Yesterday, I determine that the legs were two long.  This morning I cut eight inches off each leg.  The bottom two legs have casters.  So I cut eight inches off the top of the legs.
I got a good start at cutting off the legs.  I hung it on the corner of my work bench, and began cutting with my battery operated circular saw.   The saw stop just before I completed the cut.  My phone rang.  Carol was ready to go to Fillmore to get some medication and some groceries.  I put the heavy weight on the leg to help hold it together while we were gone.  We drove to Fillmore and we were gone a little less than an hour.   We had lunch.  I then watered our plants in greenhouse six.
The tomato plants are doing well.  I put a few more tomato clips.  
One leg is off and I am ready to cut off the other leg.  After the leg is cut off, I held it together with a piece of plywood.  
The clamps hold everything together while I drill holes and screw it back together.
Here I am putting in the to rails.
It was a pleasant surprise that it is level in both directions.  That was pretty amazing.
 The top is out of a piece of plywood,  There are several piece of plywood making the bottom shelf.
The bench is finished.  There is a piece of plywood on each side to help support the wood that is to be cut.  I have a few more adjustments to make to make it easier to miter longer pieces of wood.  I might make some wings that are hinges and then block them up.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment