Followers

Monday, February 3, 2020

Week End



1 February Saturday
Last week I began building a storage rack last week.  I ended up with this late Saturday morning.

I glued the side on the left to the back board.   Then drove some pin nails from the under side.  I put spacer blocks between the dividers on both ends.  I drew a line on both sides of the divider.  A thin bead of glue was applied between the lines.  I clamped both ends tight against the left side.  I drilled some hole from underneath into the divider.  I then screwed the bottom to the dividers.  Turning it upside down I was able to make more holes for the screws.   I did the same for the other dividers.
Here it is partially finished.  Waiting for Monday morning to finish.

3 February Monday
Monday morning we woke up to six inches of snow.
After lunch I pushed off the snow.  It was supposed to snow all day.  I figured that it was easier to remove six inches of snow than it was to push off ten inches of snow.   The above photo shows that  most of snow is gone.  I was snow all the time that I was working.  There is about a half inch of new snow.
I finished up the canned food storage rack,  or least the rough draft.  I used a French cleats  to hold it to the door.
There was eleven inches of snow on the front walk.  I couldn't push it off.  I got my large aluminum scoop shovel and shoveled if off the sidewalk.
This is how it looked after I finished.
The soup cans in the two shoots on the right are too small, and they don't fit.  I cut s narrow strip of wood and glued it to the inside edges of the last strip.  It is held in place by the clamps until the glue sets.

There is still a lot more to do.  The soup cans just to small.  Tomorrow, a day to finish it.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment