Followers

Friday, January 31, 2020

Can Storage

Several years ago I made a can storage device and put it in the pantry.  I took quite a bit of room and was not very convenient.   I decided that I would make another one.   After watching several You Tube videos I made a plan.  I got a can of fruit and measured the height and width.  I drew a plan on some paper and put the dimensions.

The height was 34 inches and the width was 24 inches.   There was a piece of plywood that was a little bit larger and with one cut edge that wasn't parallel to the oppoisite endge.  I cut off the badge with my new battery opperated circiler saw.  It would cut a little way and stop.  I tried it several times and decided that the battery nearly dead.  I put on a new battery and it cut without even slowing down.  I put a couple of heavy weights  on the plywood to keep it from moving while I sawed.
I ripped 34 inch 2x4's on their edge in half.  They are leaning against my table saw.

We drove to Fillmore and got a few groceries.  I bought two pounds of screws.
I got a picture of new hemp plants in house five.  Dustin was pruning and the other guy was watering.
Here is how the can sections might look when finished,  I put the dividers with spacer and then clamped it all together. This is  how the can rack will look
I sanded the plywood and also the rack dividers.

No comments:

Post a Comment