Followers

Friday, January 10, 2020

Two New Projects

Woke up this morning to a good dusting of snow.  Breakfast and news.
I cleaned of the snow on the driveway and the front sidewalk.  A very light dusting of snow.

I then began a serious cleaning in the garage,  I sent a lot of stuff aside to take to the dump which I did in the late afternoon.  I cleaned the dust, sawdust, and woodchips. that were on the floor.  I removed more stuff.
A couple of years ago, I bought a case of clam shelf containers.  I didn't use many of them.  I took the box out to the shed.  The photo above shows the box..
The door in the back of the garage goes to the chicken run.  I rebuilt the box for a step up before stepping down.  That took me about an hour.

I have seven push sticks for the table saw to make sawing small piece of wood.  The push sticks were always covered or the one I wanted was at the bottom of the pile.
A 2x6 is used as the base.  It looks a little like bookends.  I put a  piece on the right end and put spacers between them.  They are held in place with screws.  It is a push stick caddie.
On the left is a heavy duty push stick, nest is another one made of half inch plywood, next two are made out of Masonite for ripping thin pieces of  wood.  The last two are made of pine.  They get beat up and are easily replaced.
I have a nice tool chest, but I have tow open two or three drawers before I get the right drawer.  I labeled each drawer.  It should save me sometime.
The biggest time waster was going through all the drill bit to find one the right size and sharp.  I tried each one in a piece of oak.  Those that would not cut went into this plastic bottle.  I put the other ones in a small plastic dish.  I did mire cleaning.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment