Followers

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Work on Shed Over for While

I started working on the shed fairly early today.    A better and faster way of supporting the shelves came to me since yester day
I took and eighteen inch 2x4 and removed a fourteen inch wedge.  It is illustrated in the above photo.  I placed the 2x4 on the table saw sled.  Weights are put on a piece of plywood at maybe twelve degree angle.   The weights keep the plywood from moving as I slowly push it through the spinning blade.  I drilled six holes the wider area.
This shows the completed shelves.   I keep forgetting to get more pictures showing more detail of this procedure.  I attached the shelf support three different ways.
 I put three screws in each shelf support.  It sagged some.  I then put in a piece of plywood above the shelf brace and screwed it to the stud.  That worked pretty good.
I glued a short piece of 2x4 below the shelf brace.  There is a screw from the top of the self brace into the glued 2x4.  That held really well.
 The last one I did was made out of an eighteen inch 2x4.  I cut off a wedge from the 2x4.  It was fast and easy way.  I didn't have to wait for any glue to dry.

We drove to Fillmore to change our social security deposits to State Bank of Southern Utah from The Wells Fargo Bank.  The first checks will be deposited on the second or third of February.  It took about thirty minutes to do that.
When we got home I went back to work on the shed.  I put in a hook for the highchair.  I am moving things out of the garage into the shed and this is one of them.  The space above the back header between the rafters is open.  Wind might blow snow and rain through those spaces.
Here is a photo of the same highchair, but the spaces are closed in.
I made pieces of plywood to fit between the rafters.  I cut them so that they would have a snug fit.  They were so tight that most likely they would never come.  However, I did hold them in with screws.  Later I will put a three inch boarder of plywood to cover the empty space under the rafters.
New things happening at the nursery.  House six which was the storage house was cleaned out.  Most of the stuff was put into house three.  Quite a lot of it was taken to the dump.  I was able to salvage some before it went to the dump.  They covered with a plastic.  The outside of it is white.  The inside is black.  It is there to keep the hemp plants shaded part of the day.
Jim Burns brought a  truck load of plants from Delta, Utah, this afternoon.  He backed close to the west door of house four.  They were loaded onto carts and pulled into house four.
The truck is unload into house four.  Most of the hemp plants were lousy with aphids.


Comments and questions are welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment