Followers

Monday, January 13, 2020

Sunday & Monday

Sunday 12 January
Snow this morning when we got up.  But not to much.  It was just a dusting.   Instead of pushing the snow of the driveway,  I got out my blower and with three extension cords,  I began.
It went pretty fast.  I figure that it was much faster and blowing did a much better job than a shovel.  I also, blew of the snow on our front sidewalk.
Above are three sweet potatoes that I started December 12. which was exactly one month ago.   There are roots near the bottom of the potato that are beginning to grow.
I took out one of the potatoes and placed it on the white cloth.  It is much easier to the roots in this photo.

Monday January 13
With breakfast and the new over I began the morning work.  I wanted to build shelves for the shed.  I am moving a lot of things in the garage to the shed.
 I found a fairly nice sheet of 4x8 plywood.  I brought it to the patio and placed it on my pair of sawhorses.  With my new battery operated circular saw.  I measured sixteen inches to make a shelf.  I added four inches.  There is an eight foot firing board that I was going to use to guide my saw.  It didn't work because the board was to thick.  I then drew a line.  The saw worked really well, except when the blade stopped because of twisting the saw some.
I glued the rest of the pieces together for the push stick caddy together.  I then clamped it.   While the glue is curing I began work on the shelf.
I made some 2x2x20 inches long to hold the boards.  I screwed them to the studs.  I but three srews in each one.
I put the plywood on the braces, and put some of the stuff on the shelf.  The shelf began to sag some.
I fixed it by putting a small piece of plywood above the brace.  I did that to each stud.  That fixed the problem.
 The glue has cured some.  I drilled a hole on each side for a pencil.  The above photo showing the pencils and the tape measures in the pockets.
The last photo of the push stick caddy shows it completed containing the push sticks.
The fertilizing system leaking badly a couple of weeks ago.  The above photo shows that it has been fixed and doesn't leak any morel


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment